The Library Service
The Library of the Facuty of Arts is one of the most important in the URV as far as number of copies is concerned: there are more than 100,000 volumes and 1,438 journals, 719 of which are received on a regular basis. It also has videos, DVDs, CD-ROMs, floppy disks, maps and free access to electronic information (electronic periodicals and books, its own and joint databases, and other electronic resources).
At any one time 203 students can sit and study in the library, or use the e¡ght desk-top computers and ten laptops connected to Internet. Together with the the other faculty and campus libraries, it is part of the Library and Documentation Service of the Rovira i Virgili University.
The Library houses the Vidal-Capmany Legacy, which consists of the personal collection and archive of Jaume Vidal Alcover, once a lecturer in the Faculty, and Maria Aurèlia Capmany, a well-known local writer.
The Library also has a small branch in the Seminary building (in the old quarter of Tarragona) where the stock of books and periodicals for the Advertising, Public Relations and Journalism programme can be consulted.
The Library also contains a map collection, which basically consists of two important collections:
Orthophoto maps of the Cartography Institute of Catalonia: Scale 1:5000 and 1:25000 of practically the whole of Catalonia and all the province of Tarragona.
Topographical maps of the Cartography Institute of Catalonia: Scale 1:50000 of all the administrative regions of Catalonia.
Topographical maps of the National Geographic Institute: Scale 1: 50000 and 1:25000 of practically the whole of Tarragona province.
Location, opening times and regulations
Main library: Pl. Imperial Tàrraco, ground floor, building 2 of the Faculty of Arts
Opening hours:from Mondays to Fridays, from 8 am to 9 pm.
Saturdays: from 10 am to 10 pm
Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm
Exam periods: Saturdays and Sundays from 10 pm to 12 pm.
Advertising and Public Relations and Journalism:Edifici de Comunicació, c/ St. Pau, 4
For opening times, see http://www.urv.es/biblioteca/biblioteques/lletres/index.html
• Students must show their URV card if they wish to take out books.
• There are 203 reading points (4 of these have a wired connection to Internet and 72 a wireless one).
• Students have free access to the shelves and the seats.
• There are 4 computers for consulting the Library's catalogue and web site, and 4 for consulting personal electronic mail and Internet. There are 10 laptops that are lent to users for periods of 3 hours at a time.
• Please make no noise, speak quietly, do not eat and be considerate of other users.
• Seats cannot be vacated for longer than 20 minutes at a time.
• Please turn off your mobile before entering the reading room. Smoking and
talking on mobile phones is prohibited in the reading room and the entrance hall: you must leave the building.
Checking out books
• You can take out 4 books for 7 days, renewable for 7 days more if they have not been reserved
• You can take out books from the Arts Library.
• You can also take out books from other URV libraries, or ask
for them to be sent by internal mail to the Arts Library.
• You can order books and journal articles from other libraries and universities
by means of the interlibrary Loan Service (see CCUC).
• Books can be returned to any of the URV libraries
• Books that have been checked out can be reserved or renewed in person or by means of the Library's web site.
• The loan situation can also be consulted on the Library's web site.
• All this information and information about all other services provided by the Arts Library
can be found in information leaflets and guides on the web site.
Should you have any queries, do not hesitate to ask the Library's staff for help.
Tel: 977 55 95 24 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of the Library: Josep Cazorla
Other administration and service staff: Enric Herce, Maite Ruana, Rebeca Ucero.